Search This Blog

Saturday, April 1, 2006

Multi-tasking

I wonder just how many things a person can do at once? I mean there are the things that you're actually doing, and then there are those that you're thinking about doing (Which for me, thinking is definitely an important part of the process of actually doing something! How can you do something afterall without thinking about it...), and then there are the things that you were doing 5 minutes ago before you were distracted by something else and to which you will be returning once you remember why you came into this room.

This is my life. I am always doing about 32 things at the same time. Even after my kids are in bed, I rarely let myself just do one thing. I mean take being online for example, I ALWAYS have at least 4 different windows open... my Yahoo! home page (gotta keep on top of the news! - plus if I need another window for a search, there it is waiting for me), Yahoo! mail (never know when someone will leave a comment on my blog you know...), my used bookstore, my website administration page, MS Word (for copy and pasting), AmblesideOnline, and Google.

Currently, I have several projects I am doing. I am editing pictures off my cards, I am editing some drawings I just scanned in, I am writing this blog of course, I am thinking about the quick break I am about to take for a bowl of ice cream, I am looking up books that I need for school so that I can fulfill my $25 for free shipping on amazon.com, I am assembling all my research on nature noteboooks, I am looking at dandelion seeds blog to check on the Clean Heart, Clean Home Challenge - IT STARTS TODAY!!, I am supposed to be assembling tax stuff, all while I am listening for my husband to come home!

Don't tell me this is not commonplace!? Am I abnormal? I do have a major problem with distractability... I mean who can walk out of a room and not be distracted by a million things... is this only me? Is it normal to work on 105 different projects in a day and maybe only finish 1 or 2? Yikes, I'm scaring myself.

I'm paring down, so that I can cross one thing off my list. I have now finished my blog for tonight!


Saturday, April 1, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by mistresninos (71.104.21.176)
Maybe you're one of those "type a" personalities? I'm pretty laid back and cannot get anything done if I have too many things going on at once. But I do usually have at least three things on the computer at once...two blogs and one e-mail. Yeah, you never know when someone will leave a comment. Gotta have that ego boost...oh, but you probably don't use if for that. :-D

Sunday, April 2, 2006 - not abnormal

Posted by im4given (4.224.225.151)
i think as stay at home moms we are all pretty much in your shoes. i am trying to be a little more (((calm))) as of late. i am trying so hard to think on more simpler terms and not have so much on my mind. my kids think i never listen but it is only because my mind is going 100 mph. you are not alone. God bless you sweetly~~deb

Wednesday, April 5, 2006 - Have You Been Looking Over My Shoulder - or Reading My Diary?

Posted by JacqueDixonSoulRestES (216.241.128.179)
>>> LOL <<<
No kidding!! I only have 4 Internet Explorers and our mailbox open right now.. I did just close the window of the "We're embarassing the angels" article, though!
This is pretty mild, as yesterday I had my bar about halfway down my page - as far as it would go, with about 20 windows open.

Ok, the girls just came in to check out their blog numbers, and now I have 9 open... see how that happens in just minutes?
In that time, we refreshed their blogs, read some of 'Luthien's' (dd2) and I signed in to list some more on Ebay.

So, I am right there with you, Sista'.

I was wondering, did you actually count the '32' things or did you choose a random number... lol... I didn't know if you, maybe, took time away from those 32 things to count them - to be accurate! ( ; Which would have meant that you were actually doing 33 things, unless you counted that ++(I probably would have counted!)++

I want to thank you for reading my blog and posting. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts and perusing the older ones, to find out more about you and yours! We have something - or MANY things in common!

Oh, that's right, I originally added you to my friends, because I LOVE the name of your blog!! For some reason - though I don't usually pick up slang verbage and use it - I do say Blah Blah Blah to shorten a story! Ok, enough about me!
I do look forward to reading about your life and experiences, blah, blah, blah!

As long as we have our priorities right before God (which is such a struggle sometimes!) and have some rest and peace in our lives, we will do as God designed us to and as He allows! -From one multi-tasker to another.

Many Blessings!! Jacque

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive